Therapy Rooms




I thought that this was a good video to watch as it lets you see some of the equipment found in sensory occupational therapy interventions and they way therapy can be used. In therapy rooms there are a variety of swings, balancing equipment, swiss balls, balls with beads in them (like a wheat sack) and material. 


Sensory diets come up a lot when working with children and a sensory diet can easily be explained as people being aware of what sensory inputs they need to stay focussed, energised, and organised. (Biel, 2013).  This is a link to a website which I thought was helpful as it has many free resources. 


Intervention techniques can be varied depending on the sensory needs of the child, over the next few posts I am going to be focusing on some of those intervention and setting up some links for free resources. 

Sensory Room

The link above will take you to Pinterest and it shows some nice ideas for sensory items for at home.



Biel, 2013. http://sensorysmarts.com/about_book.html (accessed 01/07/13)

No comments:

Post a Comment